Thankful Thursday #191 -Oct 25

It's a Saturday but not too late to be thankful for this past week. Re-starting good habits is hard. I am open to suggestions on how to improve.

The week has had some highs and lows (I was sick for much of it) and through it all I have seem so many reasons to be thankful...so here we go!

1) I am thankful for Courtney, She is my co-leader with the grade 6 girls at GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Saviour girls club). And she is one of the many people I have the honour of working beside. I am happy to know her and call her a friend.

2) I am equally thankful for the girls in our GEMS group. After our first regular session I am very excited for what the year will hold for us. We made "I'm Thankful For" journals. My plan is to share a how to post on Monday. If you is not up hound me for it.

3) I am thankful for Joy and Lindsay! Specifically for their awesome idea of  having soup to go available after church last Sunday. Lindsay is raising support for an up coming mission trip and the cost of the soup was free will. I ended up with meals for the week, less dishes to do, and the best part when I got real sick there was homemade chicken noddle soup ready for me.

4) I am thankful for the access for drug stores and cold and sinus medication. I remember when living in Swaziland, Africa a student had allergies and had been told there was no cure and no treatment. A missionary couple gave him Reactin and it changed his life. Having access to similar over the counter drugs have helped improve my recovery and week.

5) I am thankful for sleep when I am sick. A five hour rest is such a better way to handle being icky and sick than wake and in discomfort for those same five hours. It is especially wonderful when after being awake for an hour or so and have had some food if you can fall back for another five hours. There has been a lot of recovery sleep early this week.

6) I am thankful for the opportunity to attend the Leadership Summit with the church's pastoral team this week. It was an inspiring, challenging, motivating two days full of great speakers, idea provoking talks, and the opportunity to buy books. So many new books! I've also got a few thoughts that are percolating into possible actions and ideas. Looking forward to seeing what will come out of the two days.

7) I am thankful for the annual Ten Thousand Village sale. This one thankful item has many thankful parts. I love everything about the sale. I am thankful...

  • that Ten Thousand Villages exists. I've read up about how the organization started and their practices on how they work with artisans. It excites me to have the opportunity to buy fair trade products.
  • for Kim who organizing the sale year after year.
  • that most of my Christmas shopping is done.
  • for the new cookbook I picked up...now just need a reason to use it.
  • that the sale given my youth group a chance to serve and put into action what we learn by helping with the set up of the sale. If any of those students or their parents read this: I am thankful for you! You were excellent. You made me proud to say you were part of my group. You worked well, consistently, and continually. You actions and interactions were noticed by other volunteers and more than one person told how wonderful you all were. Thank you for being you! 

Comments