One the drive home (the closest theater is about 45 minutes away) I had a silly thought.
WARNING ROGUE ONE SPOILER IN THIS PARAGRAPH. As I was reflecting on the end of the movie with Jyn and Cass looking at the coming destruction and death I was reminded of vaguely of Doctor Who. Specifically the episode The Fires of Pompeii when Lucius Caecillus' family is standing in midst of the destruction of their known world with all hope of salvation gone -until the Doctor returns. And I wondered, what it could be like for Jyn and Cass if the Doctor showed up in that split second and the TARDIS materialized around them saving them from death.
Which got me thinking, what universes/franchises would it be interesting to have the Doctor visit. It is a slightly different question from the 2014 Top Ten Crossover List, which was really more of fan made crossovers. These are ones that I think would be interesting...
9) The Hunger Games, specifically during the events of the first book.
8) Odyssey 5, it was a short lived series that got cancelled and ended with a cliff hanger. I am sure the Doctor could have solved the problem and saved the planet from destruction.
6) The Babylon Five Space Station
5) Stargate -movie or any of the shows
4) Planet of the Apes....not sure which version/place in time
3) The Three Musketeers, this might be because I just finished watching season three of the BBC's version
2) The Time Machine's future Eloi
1) Star Wars, during the events of Rogue One
I feel like my math on the sleeps is off but here goes:
The BBC's digital Doctor Who 2016 Adventure Calendar.Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 7 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian (probably) sees the Christmas Special: 8 sleeps