The Simple Woman Daybook 184


FOR TODAY: December 18, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window... so much snow

I am thinking... about a sermon I just listened to about the church being the embassy for the Jesus Nation.

I am thankful...growing friendships

I am wearing... pjs

I am creating... well more writing a sermon

I am reading...B. T. and Ellen Roberts and the First Free Methodists and The Books of the Bible, this will mean little since the books are in a different order but I am just finishing Philippians.

I am watching... just finished third season of the BBC's Musketeers, When Calls the Heart, Gilmore Girls with Sister, The Pretender with Mom, and Tuesday nights is Stranger Things with Sister and her friends.

I am geeking out... on all the trailers I saw at Rogue One especially Guardians of the Galaxy. Baby Groot looks awesome.

I played... no games this month :(
One of my favorite things... Hot Chocolate

Verse of the week... CHRISTMAS LOVE - paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.
 Love is kind, though harried and tired.
Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china  and table linens.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way.
 Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return
 but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost,
 golf clubs will rust, but giving the gift of LOVE will endure.

~ author unknown
Song of the Week:




In the Kitchen... I made a Christmas cake:
It had mixed reviews. The first night it hadn't sat in the fridge long enough. Most of the teens said it was interesting. One honest person said, "Liz, it's not bad...it's just not good." However two days later when debating if we should just throw it out we (really just four people) gave it one more try. They mostly all liked it.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:...getting reading for Christmas Eve service including giving the message and also Christmas.

Happening On The Blog:... I still have two movie reviews to write for Hacksaw Ridge and the new Anne of Green Gables, plus I saw Rogue One -that review should be up tomorrow. And the Whovian Countdown continues.

Comments