January 38 While 38 Update

Only three months left to complete this year's birthday-bucket list challenge. Time is running out. However I am not worried because there have been so many victories already and it has been a fabulous nine months.

Challenge Legend:
Black =have not started
Green =just started or have a plan
Blue =in progress and success is possible
Purple =VICTORY!

1. Pray for 40 Days
I have still been inconsistent in my personal prayers. I think today is a good day to work on this habit.

2. Read 10 Non-Fiction Books
Two books read, four in progress. This is possible if I actually just make time to read and finish the books I start.

3. Read the Whole Bible
I finished earlier this month! And have already started again with a 2020 reading plan.

4. Dance...a lot
I've been dancing often almost everywhere: in my living room, the kitchen, at the church, in store lines, with the kids...they are silly short dances. I am looking forward to taking real dance lessons with Alex.

5. Be a Amazon (get physically fit)
I've taken some positive steps towards eating that is really helping the inner amazon. I miss shield-maidens at the moment but we're saving that money for the wedding. I am sure I will return to in the fall.
 
6. Take a leap of faith
I did another similar thing. It did not end in success and I am still not ready to really talk about it. But I took a leap and I will do it again.

7. GM at a Con
I've filled out the forms to run a game of Ryuutama at an event in March.

8. Cosplay as Mera
I have decided this one won't happen this year. I love my hobby but it is expensive. Right now every money spending action had to be weighed against the upcoming wedding.
 
9. Maxing all Spanish lessons (up to 2nd level) on Duolingo
I'm still working away at Duolingo. I have maxed four units (that's an improvement of 2) in Level 2 and earned a total of  124 (up by ten). I need 170 to meet the goal. I also did some reading on what is the best way to use Duolingo lessons. I was going through a unit lesson 1 to 5 then moving on to the next. Turns out this is not the best method. Rather I should move thought all the level 2 units making them level 1, then going back and making them all 2s, then 3s, and so on.

10. Hug a baby animal
I have a friend who has promised to help with this one.

11. Find Wonder
Much wonder is the joys of life.

12. Be Spontaneous
At the end of August I spontaneously agreed to doing a selfie a day challenge for 30 days. It was completely on a whim and I wasn't actually sure I would make the whole month but I did. It wasn't till the last day of September that I realized how spontaneous the self set goal had been and decided it qualified at a success for this challenge.

13. Go on an adventure
Alex and I traveled to NS in October where he proposed. Both were very much adventures.

14. Visit Petawawa
Has not happened, yet (really had hoped to do that this summer).

15. Go on a 8km Hike
This is going to have to happen post snow season.

16. Go on Three Dates (with the same person)
I've almost lost count of how many dates Alex and I have gone on.

17. Revamp this blog
The blog got a new colour scheme and template January 20, 2020

18. Make a vlog
Still a nope

19. Blog 100 times
I've blogged 92 since my birthday. This will probably be finished this month.

20. Memorize a whole Bible chapter
With the help of the Bible Memory App I have memorized 1 Corinthians 13, Psalm 1, and Psalm 23. Still working on Romans 12.

21. Go skydiving
For the same financial reasons Mera is going to have to wait, I think this is going to have to wait.

22. Scrapbook the Alaska trip
I have worked on layout ideas and reviewed pictures. I still need to order the project life sheets.
  
23. Make cards with Mum regularly
Mum and I have been doing this! For about six weeks we have gotten together and made cards. It has been so much fun. I have been sharing on Facebook but I think I should start posting our creations on the blog (which will also help with #19)

24. Try online dating
About a week after my birthday I signed up for three different dating services. Since I wasn't willing to pay for the services I only got waves I couldn't respond too and messages from men that seemed more interested in my ability to provide a green card. About a week later I attend comic con, met Alex, and no longer needed to look at the sites.

25. Go rock climbing (indoor or outdoor)
Um...nope. I also don't think this would actually be enjoyable with my current fitness level.

26. Visit an Art Gallery

27. Hug a friend I haven't seen awhile (like more than two years)
In September, while lining up for the Rend Collective concert I heard someone say, "Hey, is that Elizabeth." Since everyone since college days and most people in high school call me "Liz" I didn't even turn. I then was walking the line looking for Sister when I heard, "Yes, I think it is Elizabeth Stewart." I turned and there was a friend from high school I haven't seen in 19 years. Of course there were hugs and this selfie as proof:

28. Have $1000 in savings
There is slightly more! It is all for the Germany trip but it is there!

29. Go star gazing
Alex planned a date on the night of a free community star gazing event. Only the clouds were too thick and the event was cancelled.

30. Read Comics
I'm working through Thor now, I have back issues of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Justice League (all from the start of Rebirth). 


31. Paint the canvas
Last review I said, "I'm not even sure where the canvas is since I moved again." I found it; it's at my parents place. If I am to paint it this year, I am not sure what to do with it.

32. Try something new
I have tried a new food Pho; I have tried new games; but I think for this I'm going with the Shieldmaiden class.

33. Attempt to publish my children's stories
Um...nope, had not happened

34. Watercolour more
I haven't painted since last November :(

35. Have a great Sister day!
I have a big Sister date planned for tomorrow. I am very excited.

36. Play all my games at least once
The number of games needing to be played is now less than 50.

37. Journal regularly again
I have been journalling again but not more than a day or two at a time, maybe another habit to work on today.

38. Enjoy 38 flavours of ice cream
I have enjoyed 24 flavours so far: birthday cake, vanilla, and banana split pie, apple pie, peanut butter cup, super kid, marshmallow, pumpkin, grapenut, moonmist (but it wasn't how I remembered it as a kid), strawberry, pink grapefruit, lime sherbet, black cherry, cookie and cream, shortbread, chocolate chip cookie dough, mocha double double, egg nog, candy cane, raspberry cheesecake, mint chocolate chip, pistachio, and salted almond honeycomb.

Progress Thoughts:
I am very excited about the progress. The last time I made a pie chart there was still 45% of challenges not shared. There is also a greater number completed. I'm feeling good about this year's challenges. I think it is just a matter of keeping on keeping on.

Comments