Sunday, April 06, 2008

One of Those Days

I don't know where my head was at yesterday. Kelly things I'm burnt out. It started beautifully. I woke early, enjoyed breakfast, had my devotions, and took part in the first day of a running group’s “running for beginners” program. Today I’m questioning if the run was actually a good thing. Since I woke I’ve been discovering sore muscles I never knew I had. That aside that yesterday had a good beginning.

I knew the rest of the day was going to be full day. At 7pm I had organized a games night for the young adults (which was at Gina’s house) and I needed to finish preparing for Sunday. We started a new tropical themed curriculum adding regular Sunday preparations. Nothing seemed ready. There were supplies to pick up, decorations to set up, and all those things you don't remember till the last minute. With so much to do I made a detailed list of everything that needed to be done or bought and when it would happen. Nothing went according to plan.

-I arrived at the first store realized I had left my purse at home. I had to drove home before anything else could happen.

-Next stop: The Dollar Store. I was already rung through when I discovered the cash I had specifically taken out to go to the dollar store was…at home. I found a cash machine, stood in line again, and waited as all the items were rung in again.

-Leaving the store I looked for my cell phone to call the girls who were going to help me tropa-fy our room. The cell phone was at home…grrr.

-I made the calls from the church and everything was fine for awhile. Gina came and was a huge help. All the preparations went smoothly; they just took longer than expected. We didn’t leave till 6:30pm.

-I dropped Gina and Kelly off at 7pm (people were waiting). Dashed to the store, picked up munchies (thought I got everything but learned this morning that I forgot juice for snack time -oops!) made it home.

-Ran in, grabbed a different coat and Settlers of Catan. Ran back to the car and looked for my keys. Realized the keys were in the coat I had just switched.

-I broke into my apartment. Grabbed the keys. Ran back to the car.

-Realized I had left some of the food in the fridge. Went back to house two more times before I was satisfied I had everything.

Arrived at games night 45 minutes late which everyone forgave and had a good night. I believe the cliché; if my head wasn’t attached to my body I would have lost it yesterday.

1 comment:

Jecca said...

It seems you would be better off just staying home, seeing as everything you need is there. :)

i've felt similarly lately.