Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Ethics" –Sunday Scribbling

I’m withdrawing from knitting Olympics. It might be silly since it is only a personal challenge. Before the Olympics began I had seven rows already completed. My plan was to rip the rows out and re-cast on after the Olympic flame was lit. When it came time to rip out the rows I couldn’t. I couldn’t rip out rows with no mistakes.

I could just finish project without ripping back. No one would know when I cast on. I even considered subtracting the amount of time the seven rows had taken from my time. No one else would have known (most wouldn’t care) and the prize is only a web button. But it would have been a lie. I still am going to aim to finish the slippers this month just not as part of the challenge.
For more ethical thoughts at Sunday Scribblings

2 comments:

oldegg said...

It is so easy to cheat but harder to be honest. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Go to ravelry.com for a WIP event for items such as yours, in what is called "ravlympics".
(If you are not already a ravelry member you have to sign on - and join the over 600,000 knitters and crocheters.)

Ravelry.com has patterns, patterns, patterns! For free and for sale. And it is a place to talk about knitting, discover new technique tips, list WIPs, etc. etc. - all in one place!

Sorry if this information is too late.
Janey
janeyknitting (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca
(Change bracketed caps to symbols and lose the spaces.)