The Simple Woman's Daybook 3

FOR TODAY: February 1, 2010

Outside my window...bare trees and snowy fields
I am thinking...not much of anything
I am thankful for...my girls Kim, Colette, and Shari. We just got back form pedicures. I love girlie trips. My toes are painted red.
From the kitchen...potato soup (see disaster post)
I am wearing...my brown shoes, jeans, a black T, pink fleece with pink vest, off white scarf, and my gray pin-striped hat.
I am creating...slippers (size 8) and a baby blanket -both knit projects
I am going...Tim Hortons
I am reading...Free-range knitter, What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim, Jane Eyre, R is for Ricochet, Julie and Julia, and Simply Strategic Volunteers
I am hoping...to understand the slipper pattern by week's end, right now the project has been set aside but there person how commissioned the slippers would like them done.
I am listening to...India, a mixed CD of various styles and Indian performers
Around the house...I made my own toilet bowl cleaner last week. I think I am going to try making my own oven cleaner next, but I lent a friend the book with the green cleaning recipes.
One of my favorite things...the first day of a new month. It feels like the day is full of possibilities and freshly painted toes with no smudges.
A few plans for the rest of the week: actually start working out and write the curriculum for children's church.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
We have a "No Cell Phone" policy at youth group. Just before Christmas one of the youth dropped off his "banana phone". I loved it so much I took a picture. The only down side was his "phone" caused me to have the the kid's song "banana phone" stuck in my head the rest of the night.

You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Comments

Samantha said…
My husband does a solo prayer time at all of our youth retreats and it's the hardest thing for the kids to give up those phones, but we've never had a banana one =)

I enjoyed reading your day!
Jo said…
I love the bananaphone joke! Sounds like you've got some bright kids in your Youth Group to think of that.

I hope you're able to start writing your curriculum soon - that sounds like quite a task so I hope it goes well.

Best wishes,
Jo