Potato and Bacon Soup: Second Attempt

Today I am going to try and make potato and bacon soup…again. A month ago (Jan 31), I tried to make potato soup for lunch. It was a “disaster” but only because it wasn’t done till supper (six hours late, nine total cooking hours).

I am also going to try and tweak the recipe a bit. If I make the soup once a month with little changes by December I should have a super soup recipe.

Before I left for the church this morning I chopped up four potatoes, two carrots, onion and garlic. I added these and three cups of milk in the crock pot and set in to low. It was 7:30am. When I get home I’ll add in bacon and maybe butter. The original recipe calls for herb and butter mashed potato mix but I am not sure it needs it. We’ll see. I’ll share the results tomorrow.

Comments