March: 38 While 38 -Last Update!

March 26 means it's just a month 'til my birthday. It also means this is the last update. That only gives me 30 days to finish the remaining challenges. And with the health concerns and social distancing situation some challenges got easier while others became impossible. This is where everything stands:

Challenge Legend:
Black =have not started
Green =just started or have a plan
Blue =in progress and success is possible
Purple =VICTORY!

1. Pray for 40 Days
Four days left on my 40 Days.

2. Read 10 Non-Fiction Books
Four books read with three in progress. I just need to finish six books in four weeks. That's possible, right? It could be with all the time I'm spending working at home.

3. Read the Whole Bible
I finished reading in February.

4. Dance...a lot
Alex and I signed up for dance classes! We also had the first lesson. The rest are on hold during this time social distancing because of covid-19. Because we are set to continue as soon as this current situation has passed I'm going to count this as a win.

5. Be a Amazon (get physically fit)
My health journey isn't finished but I am happy with the progress this past year.
 
6. Take a leap of faith
I did another similar thing. It did not end in success and I am still not ready to really talk about it. But I took a leap and I will do it again.

7. GM at a Con
The event I was going to be a GM for has been postponed till the fall. I am disappointed but completely agree with their choice. We would have gone last weekend. I am not sure I can give myself the win with a "*" Like those who graduate but require to take a summer class. What do you think?

8. Cosplay as Mera
This challenge was abandoned awhile back.
 
9. Maxing all Spanish lessons (up to 2nd level) on Duolingo
I'm still working away at Duolingo. I have completed a total of 138 crowns. I have 22 units to move up to crown 3, and then 23 to make 4, and finally 23 to make 5. That's only 68 units finished in the next month.

10. Hug a baby animal
The lambs have been born, but now I can't go visit them.

11. Find Wonder
Much wonder is the joys of life.

12. Be Spontaneous
At the end of August I spontaneously agreed to doing a selfie a day challenge for 30 days. It was completely on a whim and I wasn't actually sure I would make the whole month but I did. It wasn't 'til the last day of September that I realized how spontaneous the self set goal had been and decided it qualified at a success for this challenge.

13. Go on an adventure
Alex and I traveled to NS in October where he proposed. Both were very much adventures.

14. Visit Petawawa
Was hoping to take a drive up to the town over March Break but this is another "not happening" because of covid-19.

15. Go on a 8km Hike
I am not sure if parks are shut down. Alex and I have started walking together. We have not walked more then 40 min.

16. Go on Three Dates (with the same person)
I've almost lost count of how many dates Alex and I have gone on.

17. Revamp this blog
The blog got a new colour scheme and template January 20, 2020

18. Make a vlog
I made a Kid's Time video; it is Sunday School at home while all my church's services are moving to digital realm.

19. Blog 100 times
I've blogged 108 since my birthday.

20. Memorize a whole Bible chapter
With the help of the Bible Memory App I have memorized 1 Corinthians 13, Psalm 1, and Psalm 23. Still working on Romans 12.

21. Go skydiving
For the same financial reasons Mera is going to have to wait, I think this is going to have to wait.

22. Scrapbook the Alaska trip
I still need to order the project life sheets. I have more evenings free to actually make time for scrapbooking.
  
23. Make cards with Mum regularly
Mum and I regularly made cards in the fall. Once we can visit again we're going to get back to it.

24. Try online dating
About a week after my birthday I signed up for three different dating services. Since I wasn't willing to pay for the services I only got waves I couldn't respond too and messages from men that seemed more interested in my ability to provide a green card. About a week later I attend comic con, met Alex, and no longer needed to look at the sites.

25. Go rock climbing (indoor or outdoor)
We have been talking about going to an indoor location but that is on hold indefinitely

26. Visit an Art Gallery

27. Hug a friend I haven't seen awhile (like more than two years)
In September, while lining up for the Rend Collective concert I heard someone say, "Hey, is that Elizabeth." Since everyone since college days and most people in high school call me "Liz" I didn't even turn. I then was walking the line looking for Sister when I heard, "Yes, I think it is Elizabeth Stewart." I turned and there was a friend from high school I haven't seen in 19 years. Of course there were hugs and this selfie as proof:

28. Have $1000 in savings
Still saving!

29. Go star gazing
We hope to go looking one night in April.

30. Read Comics
I'm working through Thor now, I have back issues of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Justice League (all from the start of Rebirth). 


31. Paint the canvas
The canvas is at my parents. I think this challenge will be added to the 40 Before 40 challenge.

32. Try something new
I have tried a new food Pho; I have tried new games; but I think for this I'm going with the Shieldmaiden class.

33. Attempt to publish my children's stories
Um...nope, still has not happened

34. Watercolour more
I haven't painted since last November :( I am home bounded. I had thought that would mean I would have free time to paint and knit and other projects. I've been spending most days writing, not a bad thing.

35. Have a great Sister day!
We have done Sister things, not a whole day because of schedules and life but the point was to do awesome things with my Sister and we've had those times.

36. Play all my games at least once
There is only 11 games left to play. I am very confident that this goal will be met.

37. Journal regularly again
I've been journaling daily with the 40 days of prayer.

38. Enjoy 38 flavours of ice cream
I have enjoyed 35 flavours so far: birthday cake, vanilla, and banana split pie, apple pie, peanut butter cup, super kid, marshmallow, pumpkin, grapenut, moonmist (but it wasn't how I remembered it as a kid), strawberry, pink grapefruit, lime sherbet, black cherry, cookie and cream, shortbread, chocolate chip cookie dough, mocha double double, egg nog, candy cane, raspberry cheesecake, mint chocolate chip, pistachio, salted almond honeycomb, heavenly hash, moose tracks, love potion 31, icing on the cake, black raspberry thunder, match green tea, dulce de leche, maple walnut, caramel macchiato, Netflix and chill'd, and pineapple and coconut. Only three flavours to go.

Progress Thoughts:
I'm feeling optimistic. I think I will be able to complete 75% of the challenges.



Comments