Sunday Scribbles: Mar 22

Art happened! After the past few weeks of everyday realizing I hadn't even opened the "365 Days of Drawing" and then promising myself that I would draw the next day, it has been good to finally draw again. I was able to set two drawing times aside. It was such a blessing to be creative. I was able to focus just on drawing. The unexpected thing, was it enabled me to think more creatively about a project for the church. My goal for the coming week is to have three devoted drawing times. We'll see how that goes. 


 If you can't read the challenge, it was to visit a museum and then use something interesting as a still life reference. At first I wasn't sure how to visit a museum. I did a google "museum tour." I love how the Egyptian queen turned out. I think it shows improvement. Not that it isn't without some issues; I found the challenge was to show both the stone texture and the shadows.
 



 
The self portrait was draw with the page upside down looking at a picture that was upside down. I had a lot of fun with the challenge. There are some obvious things off, the lips are the big one for me.  I also have the same struggle as in the Egyptian sketch, how to show shadow as actual shadow. In the drawing some of the lines I used to try and indicate shading makes my face look old. Only solution is to keep practicing.

Comments