July Birthday Bucket List Check In

It's been three months since my 35th birthday and only a few weeks since I posted this year's bucket-list challenge, perfect time for a review.

The challenges this year are divided into seven areas, spiritual, relationships, adventure, hobbies, culture, health, and second chances.

The Key
plain text = not started
green text = started
purple text = completed

Spiritual
1) Choose My One Word for 2017
This will have to wait till January

2) Read the New Testament
I have started my reading my copy of Biblica's New Testament "The Books of the Bible". Still in Luke but enjoying the journey.

3) Explore Contemplative Spirituality
I've attended a morning conference on contemplative spirituality, reading a book on contemplative youth ministry, and using a contemplative book on prayer as my devotional.

4) A Day of Silence
As part of the previous challenge I am going to go on a silent spiritual retreat for at least a day.

5) Be Thankful
I am enjoying the return of Thankful Thursdays and am thinking about adding a gratitude section to my bullet journal.

Relationships
6) Time with My Dad
First adventure...we went to my first CFL game.

7) Friend Reunions
I've contacted a few friends I know are still in the area. Hoping to have coffee or something soon.

8) Attend a Family Reunion
Two Saturdays ago I went to a huge family reunion. It was great. Sadly I have no pictures. But my Aunt has a few photos of Sister, Cousins, and me...

9) Send Christmas Cards
It's a bit early

10) Go on a Date
This one might be the biggest challenge. I wonder if I can count platonic events.

Adventure
11) Take a Risk

12) Go on a Road Trip
I've been on four road trips since my birthday, 1) Mark East 2) Move from NS to Ont 3) Family Picnic and 4) Kingdom Bound.

13) Go Camping

14) Be Upside Down
There were a few times I was upside down while at Kingdom Bound, at Darien Lake. This was one of them. There is a video of me on someone else's phone. I hope to share actual proof at next months check up.

15) Be Outside Canada
The trip to Kingdom Bound achieved a lot of my goals. Darien Lake is located in New York state...outside of Canada.

Hobbies
16) Try Something New

17) Join a Club/Group

18) Cosplay as a New/Different Character
I've been dreaming about ideas. It's a start.

19) Try Bullet Journalling
I've used a bullet journal style journal to track my food log and other vegan related lists.

20) Create a 40 Before 40 Challenge List

Culture
21) Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site

22) See a Musical
Mum, Janna, and I saw the Stage Prophets production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicoloured Dream Coat

23) Participate in a Reading Challenge 

24) Go to a Ballet
I saw Sister dance in The Little Mermaid present by her ballet school

25) Attend a Convention

Health
26) Be a Vegan for 40 Days
I am three days away from finishing my vegan challenge.

27) Keep a Food Journal
During the vegan challenge I've also been using my bullet journal to record a food log. I will count this as finished when the vegan challenge is over.

28) Complete a Pull Up
I have used the monkey bars to start practicing. Right now I can dangle/hold my weight for five-ish seconds. It's small but it is a start.

29) Dance

30) Run 5 km

Second-Chance
31) Finally Paint This Canvas
The canvas has been located. There was concern that it had not been packed on moving day. I am thinking about painting a tree.

32) Finish Four Children Stories

33) Make a Video

34) Draw More
I've had two sketches finished so far.

35) Grow Something to Eat
I planned a garden and it's doing well. I expect that I should be harvesting some produce this week.

Conclusion
Six challenges completed. Thirteen challenges started or in progress. Leaving sixteen challenges left to begin. Not bad for three months into the year. With nine months left I think this is my best start yet. The next check in will be August 26th.

Comments