The Simple Woman Daybook 177


FOR TODAY: July 10, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window... the clouds are grey and stormy looking but if the recent pattern persists it's not going to rain. My poor garden would like it to rain.

I am thinking... about food culture and food traditions because I was watching the Netflix series Cooked this week.

I am thankful... farmers' markets

I am wearing... a cute t-shirt my sister picked out for me; it has a palm tree on it and shorts.

I am creating... a road trip activity book

I am reading
... Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus, I am loving this book. The Readaholics and the Poirot Puzzle, only 40 pages to go and I only partially have a theory. The Rhythm of Prayer: A Forty Day ExperienceThe Books of the Bible, and The Amazing Spider-Man: Edge of Spider-Verse

I am watching... Killjoys is back (on Space)! Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (now on Netflix)! Also Cooked and Chef's Table (both on Netflix).

I am geeking out... Ninja Turtles

I played... Pandemic Legacy


One of my favorite things... lunch at farmer's markets

Verse of the week... Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)
See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
Song of the Week:...




In the kitchen:... Thursday is pasta night; this week I tried my hand at ravioli. The pasta is wonton wrappers and the filling is made up of spinach and mushrooms.

From the Garden:... I thinned out the lettuce yesterday and tried the tiny greens in my salad:
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:... I'm adulting most of Monday, working Tuesday and Thursday this week. A few connecting with people coffee outings. And Friday we leave for a mini family vacation to attend a family reunion on Saturday.

Happening On The Blog:... Some more consistency has come to the blog. This is the new schedule/plan: Everyday there is a Daily Salad. Sundays are the Simple Woman Daybook. Wednesday's are Weekly Art. Thursdays are Thankful Thursday. In between that there have been some new "My Vegan Adventure" and Movie Reviews. I've decided not to do a Chubby Girl series but will just post the thoughts I have as I have them.

A picture to share:... from Canada Day:

 

Comments