Day 2: Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair

We're in San Francisco!

We did not wear flowers in our hair; didn't even think about flowers till I was trying to title this post. I was trying to remember the song for most of the day. Instead of "If You're Going to San Francisco" my mind kept trying to make "Are You Going to Scarborough Fair" about San Fran. It didn't work so well. Still, we're in San Francisco and it is lovely.

We spent yesterday on a seven hour tour seeing the sights; it was not enough time. Our guides name was Pear (that isn't the proper spelling but the correct pronunciation). Every street had a story and something to see and a number of things to revisit. It was quick and I only managed get good pictures when we had walk around stops.

My favourite moments were seeing and crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and the Muir Forest. Here are a few highlights from the day.

 

The Muir Woods is a coastal Red Wood forest and a National Monument. It was beautiful and peaceful. The pictures do not do the size of the trees justice.

 


 

We had lunch near a marina in Sausalito, which had a European-Mediterranean feel. After lunch I kept falling asleep during the drives. I am sure I missed many neat things but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. We stopped at the top of one of the Twin Peaks. It was a clear enough day to see the whole city.


Other moments from the day was driving through Chinatown, past the house boats and the dock that inspired "Sitting On A Dock in the Bay," a stop at the corner of Haight and Ashbury (where it is always 4:20), the Castro (one of the first gay neigbourhoods), and The Mission know for it's murals.

 

After our tour ended we explored the Fishermen's Wharf. There were friends made and coffee drunk. Yes, I had "coffee." It might not counts because it was only a latte. But I am one step closer to the dark side. We found the Cartoon Museum. It was already closed; there might be a chance to see it another day.



Total steps walked: 17,735
Our next adventure is boarding the ship. 

Comments