The Simple Woman's Daybook 8

FOR TODAY: March 8, 2010
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...Main St. at night (at Just Us Café again).

I am thinking...about God, evil, balance, free-will, and predestination because my friend Jordan just asked me “the Christian Pastor” what I believe. Now he and Edward are off on a tangent about Buddhism and evolution and how our world is going to be destroyed by technology and tigers.

I am thankful for...the barter system. I fed Carl, he fixed things in my bathroom.

From the kitchen...it’s been a good cooking day. I made Japanese dumpling soup (new recipe) with yakisoba for Denise and me at lunch. Then for supper, Carl and I had was carrots with dill, oven roasted potatoes, and Atlantic salmon with lemon & herb seasoning. Eating alone is depressing. Having friends over for meals is wonderful.

I am wearing...clogs, jeans, I heart NY tee, NaNoWriMo hoodie, and grey stripped hat.

I am creating...a short story inspired by the word "fluent." It is also be included in my nanowrimo novel, I’ll post the story sometime tomorrow.

I am going...home to write.

I am reading...the Time Traveler’s Wife.

I am hoping...to have a two page summary of my novel by the 29th.

I am hearing...the ongoing debate of how humans are going to lose the evoluntionary battle to tigers (how did they get there from God giving free will I don’t know). And in the background a very eclectic coffee house music mix.

Around the house...I tried to make a liquid dish soup today. I am not satisfied with the results. Carl re-hung the toilet paper holder, towel rack, and hand towel. I have a place for my towels for the first time in over two years (maybe three).

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm meeting with another Children/Youth pastor for coffee tomorrow, visiting the drop in center, and seeing my small group. Wednesday the youth discipleship group and I'm volunteering at Inn from the Cold, youth group Thursday. Friends are coming for games and supper Friday and then Skiing Saturday. Sunday after church I'm driving a youth to BBC. I thought it would be a simple week...on second thought it is going to be crazy busy.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...I have none.

Comments

lisa said…
I really enjoyed your blog... what a full life.
Jhona O. said…
I felt like I could be sitting with you in the coffee shop! Sounds like an interesting conversation:) Have a blessed week!