The Simple Woman's Daybook 9

FOR TODAY: March 15, 2010…the Ides of March (Beware, Julius Caeser, Beware). You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...my alma mater’s campus (I'm in S205). Not my normal view daily view, I’m visiting the campus with a girl from my youth group who is planning to attend BBC in the fall. This was the best opportunity for her to check out campus life and sit in on a few classes and I'm her drive.

I am thinking...Missiology (def.: the study of missions and cross-cultural ministry). I stopped in to see Dr. Peed, I am thinking about further education opportunities and wanted his advice. And I’m wondering the relevance of the Hindu scared text on Christian theology in India because I picked up Theology in the context of World Christianity (Tennet) while sitting in the campus library.

I am thankful for...neat book suggestions (both from Peed and Glo) and awesome libraries with comfy chairs and wifi.

From the kitchen...looks like I’m eating take out, MacDonald’s, and cafeteria food this week. As my friend Brent says, “it’s an occupational hazard”.

I am wearing...my cool winter boots (Thanks Dad for the great Christmas present), jeans, red Revive tee, and my black NaNoWriMo hoodie (I love the hoodie and would wear it every day if I could. Again thank you Mom and Dad for a great Christmas present).

I am creating...it’s a non-creating week. I might pick up some knitting later this week but I doubt it.

I am going...to the café to eat after this class.

I am reading...the Time Traveler’s Wife.

I am hoping...to see Doc Taylor this afternoon. I’m going to crash his 1:30pm Revelation class.

I am hearing...a presentation on the Renaissance and Giovanni Palestrina -Missa Papae Marcelli -Kyrie.

Around the house...it’s in a state of post-packing craziness but thankfully all my dishes are washed and the counter is clear. VICTORY!

A few plans for the rest of the week: …we’re here till Tuesday, Wednesday is youth group skating, Thursday a normal youth night. Then I am not too sure. Mollie and I are trying to get together to talk about Script Frenzy (a sister contest to NaNoWriMo that happens in April).

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...again I have none.

Comments

Unknown said…
Theology in the context of World Christianity Is a great book, I did not agree with every thing Dr. Tennet said but he has some great things to say. plus he is now the president of the seminary.
say hi to Dr. peed for me.
Elizabeth said…
What school are you at Glo? I think I should know but I don't. And I will say hi next time I see him (it should be tomorrow when I visit prince and prac of missions).
Combs said…
I certainly should have been more wary of the ides of march...the truly lovely day that it was...Palestrina is one of God true gifts to the musical world. the Kyrie is beautiful, but I prefer Josquin Desprez, his Ave Maria and the O Virgo Virginum are wonderful...sorry, I love Renaissance music.
Unknown said…
I am at Asbury theological seminary