Looking Back ~ Looking Forward

I can’t believe that tomorrow is April. I mean I can, today is March 31st therefore logically tomorrow is April 1, however it doesn’t seem possible that a quarter of 2010 is already behind us. I think there should be another week between hidden March 31st and April 1st. It would be a secret week that doesn’t require eating, work, or money to survive. It would be wonderful giving us enough time to do all the things that seem to always get put off till tomorrow, Oh how I dream for that extra time, because it seems I was just setting my goals for the year. 90 days cannot have passed there is still more to do.

Tonight I am looking at what has happened between January and now to help determine what is next for the year of Love, Lifestyle, and Letters. So far living in the year of “L” has been a mix of struggles and victories, which I had expected. Focusing on the positives here are some the victories:

  • I read 12 books

  • I had people into my apartment 6 different times

  • I went skiing

  • With help the children’s ministry resource room was decluttered and organized

  • I ate breakfast everyday for more than 2 months (then stopped which was silly)

  • I began to edit my 2009 nano novel “Across Eldamar”
For the next quart (April-June) I’ve set 9 new challenges (3 goals, 3 opportunities, and 3 problems to solve). A few of these challenges are:
What is Script Frenzy? In a nutshell is another writing challenge hosted by the same group that started NaNoWriMo. This time the challenge is to write 100 pages of original scripted material in the 30 days of April. (Screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, and graphic novels are all welcome.) Everyone is welcome, the cost is free, and the prizes are happiness, creative juices, pride, laughter, bragging rights, and a brand-new script. The best thing is you can work with someone else on the script. Mollie and I are going to write this years children's Christmas play.

Lastly, to finish off the month, here are two short stories/scenes from "Across Eldamar" that are connected with two March Sunday Scribblings that I missed:

Comments