It has been four months since my birthday and two months since I made this year's bucket-list public. It seemed like a perfect time review how things are going.
Completed challenges are written in purple.
1) Choose a "My One Word"
I am still working through the process of choosing a word.
2) Read the whole Bible
Bit by bit :).
3) Paint the canvas
It's still blank.
4) Go on a spiritual retreat
I attended Mark East.
5) Fill a journal
6) Take a course
7) Write more
8) Read more
9) Dance more
10) Draw (almost) weekly
11) Be thankful
12) Make 500 cards
13) Do something I've been putting off
14) Experience Summer
I've gone on a road trip, rode a paddle boat, on to hikes, visit a few rock beaches, swam in a lake, gone camping, roasted marshmallows, tried kayaking, andwalked on the boardwalk while watching buskers. It's been a good summer. Things I would still like to do is canoe, visit a beach, swim in the ocean, and even sleep under the stars.
15) Learn to cook five dishes
I've been enjoying cooking this month. I tried poaching an egg today; the roommate agreed it was a success.
16) Cosplay with my sister (at Hal-Con)
The tickets are bought, the room booked, and costumes are being created. I am so excited.
17) Know 1000 Spanish words
The Duolingo vocabulary has a different number then the Babble. It is sad because it is less 201 words.
18) Finish four children stories
19) Send a completed work to an agent or publisher
20) Go to the symphony
The tickets have arrived for the symphony! The show isn't till November.
21) Send mail
22) Swim in the ocean
23) Visit a provincial or national park
24) Find My Style
25) Be healthy
26) Be a vegetarian for 30 days
I'm on day 16.
27) Host a party
28) Let someone know how much they mean to me
29) Keep a plant alive
Hank is still alive! I harvested all the tomatoes and it has new flowering shoots.
30) Try something new
I tried kayaking
32) Surprise someone in a way they will appreciate
33) Have an adventure with my family
I hope this one happens next month when I go home to visit the family.
34) Celebrate someone's birthday by celebrating others
35) Take a risk
So that's where the list stands. Five of 35 challenges completed and 8 months to go.