- Gingerbread dough (from a favourite trusted recipe)
- Icing (from a favourite trusted recipe)
- Piping bags and icing tips
- Icing dye (we used Wilton)
- Candy -string licorice, yellow gummy, tiny dots in assorted colours, green ring gummy, any many blue candies
- Cookie cutters
- Time (this project took three of us three days)
Alice's mom made the dough on Saturday. Sunday we took an afternoon cutting out shapes and baking. There was also a few trips to friends and neighbours looking for the right size gingerbread man cookie cutters for the Doctors and icing dye (ours was dried out).
Step 2: Make a decorating plan
There are so many Doctor gingerbread samples online from very detailed with flooding and interacted designs to basic distinguishing features. We went with the basic design. Even with that choice it took two of us five hours on Monday to decorate everything.
Step 3: Mix icing
We followed the icing dye instructions. We only mixed a few colours at a time because there were only three useable piping bags.
Step 4: Icing the base
Our original plan was to flood the TARDIS panels. We decided to just spread the icing with spatulas. It worked well.
Step 6: Add details
Step 5: Assemble TARDIS
Alice's mom was the hero is this part of the project.
Step 5: Add last touches
Step 5: Admire the final results
The BBC's digital Doctor Who 2015 Advent Calendar.
Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 3 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian sees the Christmas Special: 4 sleeps