Day 10: Sermon, Brunch, Board Games, and Supper

Sunday feels so long ago, it was the last time I was able to sit in front of a computer and write. My apologies for the faithful few I've kept waiting and also for the fact that there are going to be three posts all on the same day. I have to say, getting back into regular blogging is one of the unexpected, enjoyable side-affects of this trip.

Back to Sunday, Day 10, the morning started early. I had the joy and privilege of preaching at King's Presbyterian. It was highlighted by the fact that my friend Ross was the elder I was working with. I am not sure this is true of all Presbyterian congregations, at King's the elders assist in the service and give the prayers of the people. I also appreciated that the elders actively connect and have roles in the lives of church members. When I was attending King's two years ago Ross was my elder. Anyways, I was up early to pray and look over my sermon and service notes. The sermon went well and it was a joy to preach. I couldn't stop smiling all morning, probably all day.

After church, Mum and I headed to Wolfville to meet up with half the Brunch Club. We have brunch plans with everyone next Sunday just before we leave Nova Scotia. There was also board games. Duane, Donna, and I played Splendor. I always enjoy Splendor, I never win. However this time I did with three nobles! I BEAT DUANE at Splendor! I did not think that was possible.
We parted ways and I stopped at the library to blog before returning home for a good Wesleyan Hour (aka naptime). It was already after 4:00pm so when I woke it was just in time for supper with a friend at The King's Arm. The cool think I found was this Kentville Map, my friend Mark drew it. I remember watching him work on it two years ago. Also, if you look there are some neat "easter eggs" including a TARDIS.
Nova Scotia Trip Bucket-List Successes:
2. Brunch with The Brunch Club

Comments