Day 3: Hugs, Happiness, and Hot Tube

Writer's Note: Last night, during the actual day three, I was finishing up the post when my tablet/browser gave me a "not responding" note and attempted to reload the page for awhile till I gave up. It's the middle of day four and a friend is loaning me her laptop. So on with yesterday's adventures:

We left Halifax fairly early. There were a few things we wanted to do before church. The drive started very foggy; I was complaining that I wouldn't see my favorite view. I think Mum started praying (cause that's what my mum does). By Windsor the fog had cleared and it was a beautiful morning allowing for a beautiful first glimpse of "home."
This might be the dearest view for me. It holds so much weight and meaning. Different friends and I have talked about what it means to crest the hill and see Blomidon after being away. Seeing it causes  your heart to jump with a sense and coming home. It fills me with joy, anticipation, and rest.
I also had this sense of "I'm home but not home-home." It could just the realization that my time in the Valley has past (for now) or maybe it is my military-kid-nomadic childhood that I doesn't really have roots or a hometown. However something was said at yesterday's wedding that I've been pondering. We were made for Heaven and that is our true home. It's something I know but needed the reminder. Anytime I feel out of place, lost, or not at "home" I can remember I am still on my journey to my ultimate home.

Therefore, I'm now convinced that the journey to the figurative pearly gates will have a crest and then I will see something like this:
We stopped at TAN for tea and a cookie (breakfast of champions). While paying Duane came in the shop, there was hugs and joy. I finished paying when Dan arrived leading to more hugs and joy. They invited us to join them in the city for a mini board game con. We were tempted but I needed to connect with a few people at King's church about next week's service (I'm getting to preach).

Church was lovely. It was another sense of peace and being home. Then we returned to Wolfville in search for lunch. I decided to pop into Just Us to see if we could find Donna. We found Will instead. Minutes into the catching up Donna showed up, then Mark, and Kathy!!! I love spontaneous reunions. There were many hugs and tea. Then Mark, Mum, and I had lunch at Naked Crepe:
There was also a quick hello and hugs with Jamie before we staggered home for naps (it was a very long day by 4pm). Post-nap included foraging for supper supplies, a visit with Pastor Jenn, and then HOT TUB TIME!
Nova Scotia Trip Bucket-List Successes:
20. Attend the worship service at Kings
25. Eat at the Naked Crepe

Comments