Day 5: Ends, Meals, Music, and Pools

The end of Monday was a blast. After the writing (and Donna's very gracious editing) we headed over to Paddy's Pub for supper. The weekly open mic had already begun so we took a table in the back (Rosie's side) and ordered a pound of muscles and calamari. YUMMMMM!
 
Hannah and Scotty were playing when we were leaving and we found Pat. So we stayed. Such a good night. Mike's band was playing (hosting) for the last time. We banged on tables, sang along, and yelled till I thought I wouldn't have a voice next day. I am glad I didn't miss Mike's last night, it would have felt wrong to be there when he wasn't. He also sang Torn Screen Door for us. So much love!

Actual Day 5 had a meal at Jonny's with Mum's friend, Mahala. They are known for their burgers and poutines. Mum had an original burger. Mahala fish and chips. And I had the donair poutine. I loved it. it. And real (Maritime) donair sauce!
 


 
The afternoon was swimming with Ross, Jo, Jamie and Auna. We were having too much fun to take pictures. We did supper at home. Auna share some of her donair pizza, which crosses off another item on the trip bucket list.

After supper Mum and I went to Wolfville for the Donna's Open Mike and Donna. There were many lovely participants. I have a video of Donna singing that I am having trouble uploading. I will keep trying. My favourite act/performance was Alan reading a section from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We plan to go next Tuesday for more of the story.
Nova Scotia Trip Bucket-List Successes:
6. Live music
22. Muscles
29. Have a donair with real donair sauce
30. Maybe a donair pizza but garlic fingers for sure
36. Jonny's for a burger and/or poutine

Comments