Half Way Bucket List Update

Mum and I are half way through our Nova Scotia visit. So far we've been filling everyday with so many visits and activities it feels like we've been here a month. Next week is going to be just as busy, an while we've been adding downtime and lazy moments, I fear this next week is going to fly and before we know it we will be driving back to Ontario.

If you are interested, you can find photos and an account of each days' adventures below.

Day 1 -Friday, August 18, 2017
Day 2 -Saturday, August 19, 2017
Day 3 -Sunday, August 20, 2017
Day 4 -Monday, August 21, 2017
Day 5 -Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Day 6 -Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Day 7 -Thursday, August 24, 2017
Day 8 -Friday, August 25, 2017
Day 9 -Saturday, August 26, 2017

Before we left we made a list of all the different places we wanted to go, food we wanted to eat, and things we wanted to do. The list grew from 10 items to a final 36. We've been diligently striking items off the to do list everyday. Here's where we're at with 8 days left in Nova Scotia:
  •  22 items completed
  • 14 items to be completed
  • 2-3 should be done today
  • We have plans that will complete 7 more
  • There are 3 I don't think we'll get done
The full Nova Scotia Trip Bucket List is below, anything in bold needs to be done, anything crossed out has been finished:

1. Hug all of my people (with the exception of friends who do not appreciate hugs)
2. Brunch with The Brunch Club
3. Attend the Wednesday Games Group Games Night
4. Participate in a day of board games with Aurora
5. Go to the Valley Drive-In
6. Live music
7. Attend a party with spontaneous jam session
8. The Wolfville Farmer Market
9. Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
10. Visit Crystal Falls (or another falls)
11. See the Blue Nose (is it out of dry docks yet?)
12. Drive Ridge Road (Greenwood to Wolfville)
13. Halifax Harbour/take a hopper tour
14. Visit Port George
15. Ghost Walk
16. Watch the sunrise over the Bay of Fundy
17. Go to the Look-Off
18. Find the cement houses
19. Go geocaching
20. Attend the worship service at Kings
21. Lobster
22. Muscles
23. Scott Skins
24. London Fog, yes they have them here but I miss my cafes
25. Eat at the Naked Crepe
26. Eat at the Pita Hut
27. Eat at the Korean place
28. All you can eat sushi
29. Have a donair with real donair sauce
30. Maybe a donair pizza but garlic fingers for sure
31. Halls Harbour visit
32. See a lighthouse
33. Picture with a giant lobster
34. Chicken Curry Fries (again, I know there are other places that service this but its not the same)
35. Johnny's for a burger and/or poutine
36. Meal at Troys

Comments

Janey said…
Thought I had missed you.
Are you going to make it to the Wolfville Farmers' Market on Wednesday? For the community supper between 4 pm and 7 pm. Seems to me that is where I met your mother for the first time. (Hi, Mom.)
I have not been well - but staying up too late doesn't help, I'm afraid. And at the moment, we are house-sitting a dog. So my excuse is that it's just "life" getting in the way of doing anything outside the regular stream of things.
Just found out today (although the word has been out for several days) that we do not have an ML for nanowrimo.
Hint, hint. You could come back? ... just for a month?

Take care if I don't get to see you, (And even if I do.)
Janey
Elizabeth said…
Best chance to find us will be tonight (Tuesday) at TAN for Donna's Open Mic
Janey said…
Missed Tuesday night at TAN.
Looks like I will not see you - on this trip anyway.
As I wrote somewhere (a PM on FB), I ran into Donna H. Wednesday evening - so I have vicariously met with you.

Sounds like you are having a good time.
(Even if you will need a rest after you get back to Ontario.)

Jane(y)