Lost?

Last night I was driving out to Kingswood Camp. I set out with directions and “experience”. A few weeks back I had gone with a church family to drop off their son for the week. I tried to observe, my clearest memory was a dirt road.

I left at an hour early just in case I got lost. Made all my turns, recognized landmarks and was on the road I needed to be on. The directions said I needed to be on the road for 20 some minutes, and I knew it was suppose to be a dirt road. The trouble was the road I was on was paved. The more I drove the more I doubted. I stopped read over the directions and was sure I hadn’t missed anything. I kept going but I was worried and frustrated. The doubt grew. I stopped turned around and drove back 30 minutes to a store and asked for directions.

Turns out I had been right all along. I just needed to keep going. So I went back the way I had come still following the original directions which and been confirmed as accurate. Less than five minutes from where I turned around the road became dirt. Not long after that I arrived safely at Kingswood. Does anyone else drive and doubt the directions (or ability to follow said directions)? The summers I traveled for the school Josh M. never got lost (or maybe he did and covered it up very well…). That always amazed me.

Comments

Robin said…
Oh man, I do that kind of stuff all the time. And I drive alot so I do get lost a lot, usually because I second guess my directions or my understanding of said directions.
Elizabeth said…
Glad to know I am not alone and that its not just a girl thing.