Pray P.R.A.Y

"To be a Christian without prayer, is no more possible than to be alive without breathing." -Martin Luther

I met tonight with seven students who are going to Toronto on a mission trip. We were talking about prayer and the need to daily connect with Jesus. Most of them are interested in growing in their relationship with God but not really sure how to pray. After reading from Matthew 6, the Lord’s Prayer, I walked them through the P.R.A.Y method (praise, repent, ask, yield). For a season this was a helpful tool for me to balance my own prayer time. Before I found I would just ask for stuff or not really have anything to say.

I am planning to share with them team devotional and prayer tools over the coming weeks. What methods/disciplines have helped you grown in your faith/prayer life/relationship with Jesus? And how?

Comments