Hi friends, remember me? You might have forgotten with from the lack of decent posts. It's been a strange month. I wasn't too busy and it wasn't for a lack of thoughts that limited the writing. It just didn't happen that much. I missed the act of writing so I think I'll be back to regular blogging in June.
Veggie month was a success. Rules were followed. Veggies were eaten. I watched Food Inc. and finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I am glad for the once a year challenge but I am looking forward to eating meat again. I'm thinking about stopping at the 24hr grocery store on my ways home to pick
Book wise it was a great month. I think Veronica Roth's Divergent was my favourite reads. The characters are well developed, the world is consistent and believable, and I like the dystopian society she set up. I read it at the start of the month and I'm still pondering the five fractions and which I would join. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, Insurgent, which was release this month. I also enjoyed Death comes to Pemberley by P. D. James, Out of Sight, Out of Time and Uncommon Criminals both by Ally Carter, and Shannon Hale's Midnight in Austenland. I also was excited to finish Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. With all the reading I completed two more challenges. Here's were those stand:
1. Name: 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Level I - 5 books
Books Read: 6/5
2. Name: Finishing the Series 2012 VICTORY!
Goal: Level 3 - finish three series
Series Read: 6/3
3. Name: Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge 2012
Goal: Level 1 -read 12 books
Books Read: 8/12
4. Name: Mount TBR Reading Challenge
Goal: Pike's Peak -12 books from the TBR pile
Books Read: 10/12
5. Name: 2012 Audio Book Challenge
Goal: Going Steady -listen to 12 audio books
Books Read: 11/12
6. Name: 2012 Dystopian Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Intermediate Post World Trainee 4-6 books
Books Read: 7/4
7. Name: The Reading Challenge Addict Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Easy as Pie 1-5 Challenges completed
Completed Challenges: 6/1-5
8. Name: Speculative Fiction Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: In Nirvana - 24 novels
Books Read: 24/24
9. Name: 1st in a Series Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: Series Lover -6 books
Books Read: 6/6
10. Name: 2nds Challenge
Goal: A Full Plate -12 books
Books Read: 9/12
11. Name: New Authors Challenge 2012 VICTORY!
Goal: 15 New Authors
New Authors Discovered: 20/15
12. Name: Read the Bible 2012
Books Read: 0/66 -using One Year Bible so far no books finished but keeping up with the daily reading
13. Name: 2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge VICTORY!
Goal: The Mini YA Challenge -12 books
Books Read: 17/12
14. Name: What's In A Name 5
Goal: Read a title that fits all 6 categories
Books Read: 1/6
15. Name: All the Books of Pern Challenge 2012 VICTORY!
Goal: Blue - 6 books
Books Read: 6/6
16. Name: Game of Thrones Reading Challenge 2012
Goal: Read the series - 5 books
Books Read: 0/5
17. Name: 2012 Women's Murder Club Reading Challenge
Goal: Level 5 books
Books Read: 4/5
18. Name: 2012 Chunkster Challenge
Goal: The Chubby Chunkster - 4 books
Books Read: 3/4
19. Name: Tea and Books Reading Challenge
Goal: Chamomile Lover - 2 books
Books Read: 0/2
20. Name: Outdo Yourself 2012
Goal: Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
Books Read: 0/11