The First Adventures

I've had my first two adventures this year. The first was a day at the Clayground with my good friend Donna. The Clayground is a paint-it-yourself clay and ceramic shop. You buy a piece which includes the painting and firing. The paints are nontoxic, lead-free, and food, microwave, and dishwasher safe. It was an awesome birthday present. I made a plate:
Donna and me hard at work


The design
Painting done and ready to be fired

I've had the fired plate back more than a month; I just haven't take any pictures of it. If I remember I'll have finished pictures up for this coming Sunday's Simple Woman Daybook.

The second adventure was my first experience with paintball. After four hours I can't say it is my favourite way to spend an afternoon...it's not even in my top fifty ways to spend my time. But I went and tried it out and can cross it off my to try list. With that two adventures have been completed this year just two to go.

Comments

AuroraLee said…
LOVE the plate! Can't wait to visit the 'ground some Saturday.

As for paintball... Don't blame you. I've never done it, but I'm not too interested. strangely enough, though, I LOVE laser tag. :P
Elizabeth said…
Me too! I love laser tag.