The Simple Woman Daybook 80

FOR TODAY: October 23, 2011
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...still forest of changing leaves...mostly yellow.

I am thinking...there is so much to do; why does everything happen the week before for November or in November? And as is traditional, I forgot again that there isn't a week between October 31 and November 1st....nope. I am concerned about my lack of plot ideas for this year's dragon themed NaNoWriMo novel. Normally I have too many ideas and just want to start writing.

I am thankful for...unexpected good surprises like founding missing (very overdue) library books. Downside, I had just bought replacement books. Upside I can keep the replacements.

From the kitchen...with my new cookbooks (the replacements) I'm going to make a month menu plan and shopping list. I think it will help me survive NaNo without relying of MacDonald's for meals.

I am wearing...a Supergirl costume.

I am creating...started a new knit shawl, the baby blanket (it should be done but the errors have killed my motivation...after they're fix there is only a row to go and it will be DONE!) Need to actually paint the Chimney Swifts t-shirts. The biggest project is a costume for Hal-Con.

I am going...to have a Liz day. I need to unwind, relax, and refocus. I've been really off lately, my head hasn't been clear, and I'm not recovering for off-moments as quickly as normal. I'm in an "off" rut. Today I'm going to start climbing out.

I am reading...I just got a whole bunch of shiny new books and I want to read them all, not sure where I am going to start but reading will be happening.

I am hoping...to make realistic plans for the next few weeks so everything can be done on time.

I am hearing...the you have a msg ping

Around the house...there is stuff and clutter and piles and boxes and stuff everywhere. I have victory over a small section and then become overwhelmed again. I feel like I take one step forward and two back....however a friend who has seen it at it's worst surprise visited and commented how successful the decluttering is going so YAY! I'll keep at it.

One of my favorite things...the annual Ten Thousand Villages fair-trade sale. All my Christmas shopping is done!

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice idea to plan your Menu for November. I can't believe the crazyness is almost here!