Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thankful Thursday #200!

I've been putting off writing the next Thankful Thursday for over a year. Back in February of 2015 I realized that next post would be the 200th Thankful Thursday post and I wanted to do something big. My plan was summing up all the blessing listed in the first 199 posts. Turns out that eight being thankful filled pages and pages with a few thousand unique blessings. I got overwhelmed. And in getting overwhelmed I paralyzed myself. I got so focused on how celebrate the milestone that I stopped writing Thankful Thursdays, waiting for the allusive day when I could "do it right."

The waiting ends today. It might not be what I originally envisioned but if I don't write today I don't think I ever will.

My first Thankful Thursday was published almost ten years ago (9 years, 4 months, and 23 days to be exact.I used duration calculator). I was inspired by my blogging friend Amy, who now does Multitude Mondays. The series became a way for me to practice gratitude. There were so many Thursdays I was feeling down, lost, or lonely and I didn't want to write but I did because it was Thursday. And the act of counting my blessings and recalling the joys of the week turned my whole focus around. Looking at the whole I have this beautiful record of all the people and things I love about my years in Nova Scotia. So this post is for my Nova Scotian friends and family, I love and miss you:

If we ever had a meal together -thank you!
If we ever watched television or a movie together -thank you!
If we ever played a board game together -thank you!
If we ever went on a road trip, hike, camping, or another grand adventure -thank you!
If we ever shared a cup of tea or a chat -thank you!
If we ever did something silly together -thank you!
If we ever make cards, crafts, or anything creative together -thank you!
If we ever geeked out, quoted, or loved anything together -thank you!
If we ever prayed together -thank you!
If we ever hugged -thank you!

There are more memories than I can express,
     shoulders to cry on and danced of happiness,
     laughter and world saving (Pandemic),
     advice and support in adulating
     love and community.
Thank you my friends
     Thank you!

No comments: