The Simple Woman Daybook 174


FOR TODAY: June 12, 2016
You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Blog.

Outside my window...a garden

I am thinking... where all myself is going to go, turns out packing isn't the biggest challenge of moving, settling in is.

I am thankful... Quiet Pools ministry and the new friends I met yesterday at their woman's contemplative conference.

I am wearing... white capi pants. a red tank top with a plaid and floral blouse (looks better than it sounds).

I am creating... no crafts at the time but I guess a new life in my new area.

I learned... more about the spiritual practice of Examen at the Quiet Pools Contemplative Conference I attended yesterday.

I am reading
... The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing and Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus

I am watching... the new Netflix Voltron!

I am geeking out... the new Netflix Voltron! Oh and nerf guns. There have been some small scrimmages and a few epic nerf battles the past three days.

I played... Fairy Tales and Dino Dice this week.

One of my favorite things... new friends.

Verse of the week... Psalm 23:1-2 (NIV)
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters
Song of the Week:...


In the kitchen:... this week I made chicken quesadilla, pasta with a meaty-veggie sauce, and tonight made a white bean and kale soup


A few plans for the rest of the week:... I am still working on establishing a routine. The exciting this for the week are: tomorrow I go to my first CFL game and Saturday is Sister's 16th birthday.

Blog plans:... Thankful Thursday returns this Thursday (for realsies this time). I almost have finished my Birthday Bucket list challenges so that should be up soon. The trouble is I'm finding it hard to fit writing time into my days. At the end of the day it is always pushed off till tomorrow.

Even with that struggle, I am thinking about starting a few new blog series. The first would be reflections on organizing and tidying starting with my thoughts on the magic tidying book I am reading and/or about life and staying organized with ADHD. The second would be reflections on spiritual/faith books I am reading. And the last is the hardest to explain, so it would be called something like "Cubby Girl Diaries ." I've been thinking a lot about my weight, body image, being healthy, and how all those things relate. Sometimes my thinking about my body is positive other times its not so helpful. It would be interesting if/when I do share because I normally wait to post ideas or things that I've already finished processing and this topic is still very fluid for me.

A few pictures to share:...
I shared this picture last week, but I really miss these friends and all my Nova Scotia people. Thanks again to Claire Evangeline Colville for taking the picture.

Comments