Ruth Translation: 1:13 to 1:15

Hello Friends and Faithful Readers,

Welcome to back to the next in section of the Translation Project. You may have noticed a two day pause in the daily posting. There is a paper on Genesis 22 for this class due on Wednesday. Between church responsibilities and the paper I did not have the ability to also focus on the Ruth translation. After the paper is done on Wednesday, I will be adding an extra verse to the daily translations till things match my original translation schedule.

Today we are continuing from where Ruth 1:12 left off. Naomi is in the middle of a speech explaining why the woman should return to Moab and their families.  The last thing she said was, "Return my daughters. Go. For I am too old to have a husband. For if I would say I have hope, that I have this night a husband and even bear sons.

Ruth 1:13

For them would you wait until they grew up? For them would you refrain by not having a husband? No, my daughters, for it is more bitter for me than for you, for the hand of the Lord has gone against me."


Ruth 1:14

And they lifted their voices and they wept again. And Orpah kissed her mother-in-law good-bye. But Ruth clung to her.


Ruth 1:15

And she [Naomi] said, "Look, your sister-in-law has returned to her people and her gods, return by following after your sister-in-law."



Comments