Ruth Translation: 1:19 to 1:22

Hello Friends and Faithful Readers,

We're are finishing the first chapter of Ruth on today's edition of the Translation Project. Only three chapters (63 verses) to go. I have been considering posting a compilation of the finished translation when this is all done. I would also like to try to a second version with a more modern "Liz" interpterion. What do you think? Would you be interested?

Ruth 1:19

And then the two of them went until they came to Bethlehem. And then it came about at their coming to Bethlehem that all the city stirred. The women said, "Is this Naomi?"

Ruth 1:20

She said, "Do not call me Naomi. Call me Mara for the Almighty has caused exceeding bitterness to me.

Ruth 1:21

I went away full. But the Lord caused me to return empty. Why would you call me Naomi. For the Lord has testified against me; and the Almighty has caused me calamity.

Ruth 1:22

And so Naomi returned along with Ruth the Moabitess, her daughter-in-law, from the land of Moab. And they came to Bethlehem at the beginning of barley season.

Comments