Ruth Translation: 2:5-2:10

Hello Friends and Faithful Readers,

Alex and I had a wonderful weekend. Only some important things took more time than either of us expected. It left no time for Hebrew study or research. This might be a continues pattern as Christmas and the end of the term approaches. Today I worked on a few extra verses to stay on track.

Ruth 1:5

And Boaz said to his young man, the one overseeing the harvesters, "Who is this young woman?"

Ruth 1:6

The young man, the one overseeing the harvesters, answered and said, "The young woman is a Moabitess, the one who returned from the land of Moab with Naomi."

Ruth 1:7

She said, "Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves after the harvesters." And so she went and worked from the morning until now, except for a short rest in the house."

Ruth 1:8

Then Boaz said to Ruth, "Have you not heard, my daughter, do not go gather in another field and also do not leave from this one. But here you shall stay with the young women.

Ruth 1:9

Let your eyes be on the field that are harvesting and you go following after the women. Have I not commanded the young men not to touch you. And you when thirst, you may go to the vessels and you may drink from what the young men drew up."

Ruth 1:10

And she fell upon her faith and she bowed to the ground and said to him, "why have I found favour in your eyes that you recognize me, even though I am a foreigner." 

Comments