Ruth Translation: 2:1-2:4

Hello Friends and Faithful Readers,

I realized today that yesterday was Thursday, I missed my weekly Thankful Thursday post. I think it will be another Sunday edition. 

In the world of the translation project, we are begin today with the second chapter of Ruth. The woman have arrived in Bethlehem. A new act is being set with the introduction of a new character, Boaz.

Ruth 2:1

And to Naomi there was known a relative of her husband, he was a mighty man of strength [either a noble or a man of wealth] from the clan of Elimelech. And his name was Boaz.


Ruth 2:2

And Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, " Please let me go to the field, that I may glean among the ears of grain after him in whose sight I find favour." And she replied, "Go my daughter."


Ruth 2:3

So Ruth went out and came to a field and gleaned after the harvesters. And she came by chance to the portion of field that belonged to Boaz, who was from the family of Elimelech.

Ruth 2:4

Behold, Boaz arrived from Bethlehem and said to the harvesters, "The Lord be with you." And they said, "The Lord bless you."

Comments