30 Days of Hair -Day 10: Crown Braid 1

This is the crown braid I attempted yesterday. I followed the How to: Easy Crown Braid by Kayley Melissa. For this type of dutch braid there are actually two braids. One starts from the back of the head and works forward the other starts and the front and works back. The challenge I couldn't get past was the first braid. I could not figure out how to hold my hands and still pick up new sections especially when I couldn't see what I was doing.

To improve my chances of success I gave myself more time and enlisted Alex's help. The extra set of hands was greater edition. I held the strands in place and did actual braiding; Alex helped by sectioning the next additions and morel support when I thought I had messed up (again) but really hadn't. Once the first braid was completed I was able to do the second braid with almost no trouble. It was similar to yesterday's braids. Then I used bobby pins to wrap and hold the braids in place.

The last step was to try the curls again. After the curls fell out yesterday we did some research on curls and making them last. Then we bought so many products. We are treading into the area that intimidates me the most about hair. There are so many products with similar names but different functions. Or different names and the same function. I have never felt like I knew what I was doing.

For these curls I added a curl cream, a mouse, an anti-heat spray, and then something else that I forget what it does. The curls lasted till about supper. I think the next products I need to look into are frizz reducers. But that is a challenge for another day.

30 Days Till Wedding!

Comments