30 Days of Hair -Day 30:

For the last hairstyle I wanted to do something big that encompassed all my new braiding skills. One of the biggest, most challenging braids I could think of was the braid worn by Wonder Woman on her island at the start of the movie. I found this great Wonder Woman Braid Hair Tutorial by Kayley Melissa, and followed it to the best of my abilities. It turned out great. Only, it did not last. By the end of the day the whole braid either compressed or fell so that the start was almost at the nape of my neck. It was disappointing.

I actually feel very discouraged about the whole experience. I had expectations for this 30 Days of Hair. I wanted to end the month feeling more confident in the realm of hair skills. I wanted to learn to curl hair and try out my flat iron. I hoped to learn how to make a style last all day.  Back in April, with the 30 Days of Makeup, I really felt that my skills improved. I don't feel that successful this time. I never got the curls right, never even tried the flat iron, and almost everything didn't last. I am not more hair confident. I'm actually just sad.

It's hard to even remember that I liked a few looks from the month. It is hard to remember the times I had moments I enjoyed the challenge. I did. And in spite of the discouragement in this moment I will keep trying to style my hair. I do need to see if a trim and slight damage will improve my hair styling. I am just thankful I don't need to attempt to do my own hair for the wedding any more.

Comments