30 Days of Hair -Day 17: Curls (First Attempt)

I tried to curl my hair. I did research. I got curl enhancing products. I read the tips and tricks. I was ready (or so I thought). Today was the day to curl my hair. And I did. I used a curling iron with a 1.5 inch barrel. It should give me "light beach wave curls." That is not quite the result, as you can see in the finished pictures. The above picture was taken less then ten minutes from when I finished the last curl.

I have a few theories on what went wrong:

  1. My hair is too healthy and has too much moisture to curl well.
  2. I don't have the right tool. The curling iron might not be hot enough and the barrel might not be the diameter.
  3. I didn't blast the curls with cold to set the curls or hold/pin them while they cooled.
  4. My hair is too long and the length weighs down the curl and pulls them apart.
  5. I need more practice.
I was discouraged when all the curls were gone before the first hour was up. But I am going to try curls again, sometime later this month. Before I make a second attempt I am going to try and work on a few of these theories.

Comments