30 Days of Hair -Day 2: Milkmaid Braids

Before bed last night, I spent sometime on YouTube to unwind. One of the first videos I watched was a hair tutorial for "Milkmaid Braids With No Parting" by Loepsie. I loved the look and wanted to try and recreate the hairstyle right away and thought that would be perfect option for today's hairstyle.

Like yesterday, I did my hair right after my shower. I gave myself some extra time and was able to take the picture before storytime. It was quick like the video suggested and fairly simple. I think with a bit more practice with the bobby pin placement (that's another thing I hope to improve this month) and work on the back, I think this might become a regular style for me. I see a few areas that need work, mostly smoothing out the back before starting the braids to avoid so many hair bubbles.

The placement of the braids did give an odd sensation, almost like wearing a hat or having a scarf. A few times through the day I tried to adjust my "hat" forgetting it was the hair and bobby pins. It surprisingly lasted well all day.

38 Days Till Wedding!

Comments