Games Bonanza

bonanza (bə-năn'zə)
n. 1) A rich mine, vein, or pocket of ore.
2) A source of great wealth or prosperity.


I’ve used the word bonanza different times I never really knew what it meant till today. I enjoy how answers.com has the option to hear how the world sounds. I would have done a lot better on weekly vocabulary test in high school English if I had a talking dictionary…okay maybe not. But I think it helps.

Tonight the Dutch Blitz cards were broken in. My neighbors Dan and Danielle invited me to join them and Joseph for a games night. There was three rounds of Blitz and a plodding round of Sorry. Danielle took the first round of Blitz, I the other two and then the game of Sorry. I feel petty good about myself right now. Yes my worth is wrapped up in a game for ages four and up. As much as I like winning and my competivtive side is statified I had a really good time just being with peers and laughing. It was good times. I hope I’d be that gracious if I lost.


I love my mummy. In high school when I would forget my lunch she’d walk to school so I wouldn’t go hungry. Thanks Mom.

Comments

Combs said…
Sounds like fun. I don't consider myself a competitive person, but I know I have my moments. I was thinking about your other post. I constantly ask my self those same questions, almost everyday. It comes with the whole music in the church thing, especialy with the postmodern/20 somthings/college/post-college service. People ask how much of the world we'll let in before you can't tell the defference between the inside and the outside. I don't have an answer for them. I make some glib comment about letting in just enough, but I don't know what just enough might be, and no one I've ever talked too will give the same responce. But your right when you as how is my light shinning. It doesn't reall matter how much of the world you let in, it doesn't matter what kind of services you start if you havn't taken time to trip the wick and have your own light lit first.
You say that maybe you just opening your eyes more and more to the way things are, I sometimes think the same thing myself. But I think that just maybe that's the way he wants us to see it, and that once we see the world as ever increassingly dark we lose hope. There's no point in saving a world that can't be saved, but that's just want he want's us to believe. The world is dark, yes. So clean the glass and ask Him to help us do better. Sorry, I know long posts are a pet peeve. I'm working on that too.
A.T.H.