When the Bee Stings

I walked in the door tonight with the longing to just sit and bask in the sweet pleasures of self-pity. I was ready to revel in the "why me’s" and lounge in loathing. I desired to feel the sweet satisfaction that can only come from waltzing with whining while dining on disastrous dispositions. I planned to munch on moans and cuddle with complaining. It was going to be a night of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth or perhaps just a good long pout. As I prepare for the sulk-fest I wondered who I could invite to the party. What tantalizing words could I craft to entice bloggerdom to revel with me? Yet as I typed my wows my foal mood disintegrated (I’ve had to come back and re-write the introduction) and I found myself humming...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favorite things Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings These are a few of my favorite things Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes Silver white winters that melt into springs These are a few of my favorite things When the dog bites When the bee stings When I'm feeling sad I simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad

For all the gloom of the opening lines you would think I had had a horrible day. There was a challenge but the day was a day to be thankful for. It was a day filled with a few of my favourite things. One blessing I received was a delayed Christmas package. I think I like those the best cause they are unexpected. The friend had remembered a conversation from a few months back and made me a set of CD's as lessons in Jazz appreciation. The second was a complete surprise, after opening it I squealed with glee (Becca who was with be can testify to the fact) and couldn’t stop giggling. All day I just looked across at my desk and grinned. Tonight I came home discouraged. I was focused on a specific problem and all I could see was the frustration. Yet my struggle is less then beauty of life. I am thankful for the hardship because it makes joy so much sweeter. I am blessed. God has been good to me.

Comments