Milk and Cookies

How long can milk sit out before it goes bad? While sitting here thinking over the day I realize that I left a full two-liter carton of milk on the table at the church today. It's already been 12 hours. I am sure it is undrinkable by now. The whole thing makes me sad. Maybe someone noticed and put away my milk. I doubt but hope.

While reading Eldest I came to an interesting conversation Oromis has with Eragon as part of the Rider's training. Oromis asked what is a person's most important mental tool. In the midst of the conversation he says the following:

History provides us with numerous examples of people who were convinced that they were doing the right thing and committed terrible crimes because of it. Keep in mine, Eragon , that on one think of himself as a villain, and few make decision they think are wrong. A person may dislike his choice, but he will stand but it because, even in the worst circumstance, he believes that it was the best option available to him at the time.

Not sure I liked everything else on the page but that stood out as something to think about and so I share it with you.

I love my Mummy. She is the best concordance ever. She always seems to know the verse I am looking for even when the words I give are not in the verse. My problem is I've learned a most verse in as a mix of a few different translations. Makes finding a specific verse hard. Yet my Mom gets me. Yay for moms!

Comments

Combs said…
I suddenly remembered a quote when I was reading your post:
"Let us not mistake necessary evil for good." C.S. Lewis
I'm not sure this really fits with what the book was trying to say, but I think it's close.
A.T.H.
Elizabeth said…
Aaron, thanks for the quote. It may or may not connect directly with the above thoughts but does fit with some of the reoccuring struggles the heroes face.