So I Ate Yogurt Instead

The milk was still on the table when I got in this morning, right where I left it. I am not going to risk it seeing as it has sat over night and probably started its own little eco system. That is two eco systems I have created. Maria is going to loan me her vacuum cleaner. The dirt eco system will be history tomorrow.

The following are thoughts inspired by talking with my friend Jo and Andrea’s New Year’s verse.


I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:13-14

Waiting in a place of unknown is the hardest form of waiting. When you know the future end you can hold out. Through out December my sister would tell my mom, “I can’t wait for Christmas” to which she responded. You have too. Yet the end was in sight the day of waiting was always growing near. Just as there are only 25 days till Ground Hog day, only 26 days till I see my family again, only 108 days till my next birthday, only 305 days till next Christmas (got your shopping done). When separated from some one dear is hard but knowing you will be reunited makes the time endurable.

The opposite is painful, when there is no longer reason to hope. But knowing something will never be allows you to grieve and let go. At the end of my internship there were people who became dear to me who I know there is little chance I’ll see again. We have gone are separate ways. There was grief and sorrow. Ends are like that till you come to a place were you are content with how things are and able to think back on the memories with joy. You have to let go and move on. Painful but there is freedom in letting go.

Greatest challenge in waiting is when nothing is certain -everything could come together tomorrow at the same time there is the chance nothing will ever happen. Through the minutes, days, weeks, months, and some times years hope still lives on. It is past my strength. Therefore I will wait for the Lord, I will be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Comments

Robin said…
Good word, Liz. God is the only certainty. Yogurt, on the other hand, is gross.
Jo said…
i heart you. big.
Elizabeth said…
Robin, thanks for the encouragement. Agreed on God being the only certainty. Disagree on the yogurt thing...but we both like pie so we can still be friends.

Jo. AHHHHHHH! thanks. I like you too!
Combs said…
I love that verse. Psalm 27 has seen me through so much. "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strong hold of my life, of who shall I be afraid." The whole passage is an amazing promise for those of us who find themselves waiting on the Lord. I guess that's why it's my life verse.
A.T.H.