Day 2: Early Issues, Answers, and James

I have no tale of woe today, made it to all my classes on time. At one of the meals some one share with me another students mishaps with clocks. Thinking he was late for class he rushed down the hill to find the doors locked and no one there. Turns out in setting the alarm the regular time had been changed so it was really 7:30 not 8:30. Proving alarm clocks are the enemy!

I love my class, it is just what I had hoped. It’s refreshing to listen to the break down of each verse. It’s the best sermon I’ve heard all year. I might also be finding the class enjoyable because there is no pressure to complete assignments, papers, or meet deadlines. I can learn for the pure enjoyment of learning.

The answer to yesterdays skill testing question, the one that no one guess at, which leads me to believe that no one reads my blog. Perhaps not an accouter assessment but my self worth is completely wrapped up in the number of comments I receive (that is only partially true), will have to wait till tomorrow. This is your second chance to guess. Who wrote the book of James and if your inclined to think it was a James, which one?

Finial thought, I just posted a question on my missions blog Journey on the Other Side and I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts and/or insight.

Comments

matthew said…
i do think it was james. and i think it was the half brother of Jesus. i suppose i arrive at this position based on the high value i place on church tradition, and the prominence of james in the early church.
Anonymous said…
Well said.