Thankful Thursdays #17

Yesterday I learned that I am not as independent as I thought I was. I was in Greenwood visiting, as I left it took me seconds to realize something was wrong with Erwin (my car). It was a flat tire. I went back to the house I had been at where a gentleman from the church removed the tire and put the spare on. He also took the flat one to see if it could be patched by his son, who is a mechanic.

That afternoon I was thankful that I wasn’t hurt, that no one else was hurt, that I was close to someone who could help, and that it wasn’t something more serious then a flat tire. I am also thankful for all the times I drive and nothing goes wrong, that I have a car, and that it might only take a plug to fix it and not a new tire.

The rest of the week seems simple in comparison to yesterday’s car troubles. The things that come to mind that I thank God for:

-My family
-MSN, I normally complain about how it disconnects us from people but today I was able to talk to Selinda for a few moments and it was wonderful.
-Visiting with friends in their homes.
-Taking an afternoon walk in the spring with friends.

I’m also thankful for my father. He is the most generous person I know. He loves to give and share the blessings God has given him. He helps people in practical ways and has shown me that being a Christian is love in action. I love my dad!

Comments