Make It Monday: A Terrarium

After killing yet another plant last month I was ready to give up on the green thumb thing. Then saw a Thread Banger video on terrariums posted last week. I decided to give growing things one more chance. The supplies were easy to gather: a large cookie jar, aquarium stones, carbon used in fish filters it was suppose to be charcoal but the carbon was the best I could find, potting soil, and plant.




And this is my finished terrarium, the ornamental pepper that I bought was larger than the jar I bought. I’m looking for some smaller plants that will fit better.

Day 8: I was finally able to upload the pictures of husk tomatoes.

My first week as a veg is over. I’m still liking it, missing bacon, but finding it an ongoing adventure. Yesterday I ate at Brent and Kim’s, they made meatless lasagna. They are making it easier at discovering new veggie recipes.

I had a good veggie surprise today, my neighbor knocked on my door today to give me fresh tomatoes from their garden. She also let me know I could pick blueberries off their bushes. I’ve lived here two years and had no idea there were blueberries on the property. I picked a whole huge bowl, they are very yummy. Some will be for snacks but I’m freezing half.

Comments

Jecca said…
there are actually vegan bacon options. they don't taste like actual bacon, especially if you like all the grease, but they are a decent substitute if the craving is becoming too much.

Smart Bacon is the one I tried I think. There should be others though. Just check your natural food section.