1) We started a new Sunday morning children’s ministry program and curriculum. It follows a multimedia large group small group format. There were still a few kinks to work out after last week. We didn’t do a big kick off or launch. I spent the afternoon today working through the PowerPoint and other elements of tomorrows lesson.
2) I have finished watching every Battlestar Galatica I could find…I want more. There are too many unanswered questions. Sadly the next episodes won’t be released till 2009.
3) I began and finished reading Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (also wrote the shopaholic series) yesterday. It was chick lit. but it didn’t feel like click lit. Lexi the main character wakes up from a car accident forgetting the last three years of her life. She finds herself a completely different person married to a multimillionaire but no clue who he is or how her became this Cinderella, and she discovers everything isn’t what it seems…I liked it a lot. It was a nice junk food read.
4) The youth group had a golf tournament fundraiser today. It was well done, organized, and successful. The youth had roles, the golfers enjoyed themselves, and lunch was amazing. The best thing, the idea, planning, and executing was all done by two of the adult youth leaders. It was their baby and they rocked it (wow that sounded cheesey). They are my heroes!
5) The amazing golf lunch was an all out turkey dinner…I was in the church all morning as they prepared. Today has been the hardest day as a vegetarian yet. I am not sure if I am really up for this lifestyle change. The turkey smelt so good. I had carrots, corn, peas, and mashed potatoes (no gravy) for lunch…but of how good the turkey smelt. They were also lots of leftovers. I have a huge pot of carrots, corn, and peas to take home. There is almost enough to last me a month; if only it would last that long.
6) I watched part of a football game this evening; it was between the two high schools our youth group kids attend. I cheered for the underdogs. When I left at half time the score was 14 to 0. There seems to be a lot of waiting in football.