The Simple Woman's Daybook: The Birthday Edition

FOR TODAY: April 26, 2010 @ 12:01 AM & 12:20 PM & days end (11:42). You can find the more daybooks at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...darkness, it is midnight. It's cloudy with hints that the sun might show up this afternoon. It's darkness again.

I am thinking
...Gina and I just got back from the movies, we saw Losers. I still thinking about it. I liked it.
I have the best friends ever. Getting together and having tea is vital to my sanity. And about the 30 challenges I've set for myself this year. After talking about them with the girls I've made a few minor changes to the list.
It's bedtime and I'm blessed.

I am thankful for
....laughter and surprises and the girls and my writing group and Kim and Brent.

From the kitchen...I bought a new cookbook. We have breakfast at Cora's it was wonderful! I really want to make smoothies at home more. Chocolate cake tonight!

I am wearing...bare feet, jeans, red tee, and my Atlantic hoodie. Flip flops, jeans, purple printed flower blouse with white tank, and a jean jacket. I've added a birthday ribbon to my hair.

I am creating...a novel and a full and balanced life and a new blog.

I am...29, today as of 12:01am! I'm still 29, going to bed.

I am reading...Cross Country, The Young Unicorns, When Nothing Matters Any More, Prayer Works, Your First Two Years of Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry in the 21st Century, and Simply Strategic Volunteers. I forgot to add The Silver Door to the list, and From a Monastery Kitchen.

I am hoping...to complete my 30 challenges before my next birthday. To add colour to my hair...today. To find my camera's battery charger or I won't be able to take any pictures tomorrow.

I am hearing...normal night noises. Just my computer running. More night noises

Around the house...spring cleaning has begun and will continue all this week. Nothing changed in the past 12 hours. Haven't been home most of the day so I'm hoping things are still the same.

A few plans for the rest of the week…attending the writing group, work on sermons for two youth retreats I'm speaking at, run, clean, and work on the novel. I'd also like to get together with friends a play some boardgames. I'd also like to go for a walk or a run...we'll see.

One of my favorite things...birthdays! I really love birthdays! I love special days and I see birthdays as new starts to adventures. This Monday, it was really the best birthday I could ask for: it was my day off, I had breakfast with three of my dearest friends which lasted till noon, a surprise chocolate cake, new hair colours, photo booth pictures with Gina and Amy, I got to share my cake at writing group and they gave me the most wittiest of birthday haikus, two friends I haven't seen in months were at the cafe the writing group meets, and then I ended the day with two rounds of Thurn and Taxis with Kim and Brent. There is no way this day could have been better.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The new birthday hair.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Birthday Sweetheart
Elizabeth said…
Thank you. It's been a wonderful day so far! I just got back from "breakfast" with the girls...its noon.
Beth Zimmerman said…
Happy Birthday! Your hair is adorable! :)

Beth
http://bethaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/
Dayna said…
Hi, Elizabeth!

Happy Birthday!

I'd love to hear what topics you're considering for the youth. Just curious.
Elizabeth said…
The first retreat theme is "Wanted" the youth from that church picked the rolling stones song "you can't always get what you want." I am going to talk about desires and being fully satisfied in Jesus.

The second retreat is for a different group. The theme is going to be "Rooted" (Jon Dixion if you read this I choose the title/theme before I knew what spring forth was doing) I'm going to be looking at what it means to be rooted and established in Christ.
Hen Jen said…
Happy Birthday! Love the thought of your 'birthday ribbon' in your hair!
Jecca said…
glad your birthday was so nice! :)