Day 8: Universal

Our destination today was Universal Studios. It was a long day so this is going to be a short post, mostly pictures.

The day was rainy, but that didn't stop us for doing as much as possible. We started on the Shrek 4D "ride", then waited almost an hour for the new Despicable Me "ride". Both "rides" were more movie experiences with tilting chairs. Enjoyable but not really rides if you are hoping for actual moving. Still I loved the Despicable Me adventure! We became minions! I heart minions!



There is so much clever marketing, like shops for each ride that you enter as you come off the ride. There was a moment after each attraction that I wanted it all, especially in the Minion Shop. I showed some self control and saved all my shopping till the end of the day. One of the biggest temptations that remand on the shop's shelves was this unicorn...
It's sooooo fluffy!

Like most amusement parks, there was a lot of lines and waiting:


We saw the Animal Actors show. It was neat.


I love getting into a good book :)

While the girls took 11 more turns on the Mummy roller coaster (I was with them for the first 2), mum helped me with my shopping. I didn't get the fluffy unicorn but I did pick up one of these super cool banana hats. I think it will be useful in children's ministry...somewhere.

I also bought a few other things including this bedtime story based on the Gru reads the girls in the first movie -love it!
Daily Steps:16,060

Comments