Rate the Fun: Zombie Dice


On Tuesday, a game I ordered back in May, finally arrived. I am the proud owner of Zombie Dice. I am not one to buy a game I haven't played before, the exceptions have been after watching a review or strong recommendation.

For Zombie Dice I had both in the form of Will Weaton's Table Top. The youtube show is a mix of Guess Whose Coming to Dinner, Celebrity Poker, and board games. I love the idea; it is geeky greatness. In Episode Three, Wil Wheaton (played Wesley Crusher on TNG), Ryan Higa (youtube video creator), Freddie Wong (another youtube video maker), and Rod Roddenberry (son of Gene Roddenberry the creator of Star Trek) play three shorter games one of them was Zombie Dice.

Zombie Dice is a quick 10-20 minute game for 2 or more players. It includes a dice cup, which is all the game "box", 13 dice, and the rules. The explanation from the game site, "The 13 custom dice are your victims. Push your luck to eat their brains, but stop before the shotgun blasts end your turn!"


What I like about Zombie Dice is:
  • It is easy to explain.
  • It is quick to play which makes it perfect between other games game.
  • There is really no limit to the number of players.
  • It is fun...even when you are lose (of the three games I played yesterday I came in last in all of then).
The Score:
Zombie Dice = 8.9

The Rate the Fun Scale: 

10 = Outstandingly Awesome Game; Always want to play it and I expect this will never change.
9 = Excellent Game; Always want to play it.
8 = Very good game; I like to play. Probably I'll suggest it and I'll never turn down a game.
7 = Good game; Usually willing to play.
6 = Okay game; There is some element of fun or challenge; will play sporadically if in the right mood.
5 = Fair game; Slightly boring, take it or leave it.
4 =Not so good; It doesn't get me but I could be talked into it on occasion.
3 = Bad; Likely won't play this again but could be convinced.
2 = Extremely annoying game; Won't play this ever again.
1 = Clearly broken; You won't catch me dead playing this.

Novel Update:
Word Count: 3,749/50,000

Comments