Day 12: Tuesday Tutorial -Doctor Who Ornaments


A few years ago I had three Doctor Who POP keychains all break at the same time. The heads were detached when a friend had shut a car door on them. I kept all the pieces thinking that they could be salvaged for something in the future.

Today the future came. I decided it was time to repair the damage figures and with my replacement POPs turn them all into ornaments.

Supplies:
POP Keychains
Superglue (for repairs)
Needle-nose plyers
Ribbon or Ornament hooks

Step One: Gather the pieces

Step Two: Make Repairs and Remove Keychain
When removing the chain, use the plyers to open the large loop that attaches to the POP head but a hook. Leave the eyelet hook to attach ribbon later. 
I was very pleased at how well the superglue worked. It is hard to tell which ones were broken.

Step Three: Add Ribbon
I used ribbon I had. You could also use ornament hooks.

Step Four: Hang on Whovian Tree
 

After these were done I decided to finish adding ribbon to the rest of the TARDIS ornaments I made in 2014.

If you are looking for a way to keep updated on daily posts join the Whovian Christmas Special Countdown facebook group. 

The BBC's official  Doctor Who 2017 Adventure Calendar
Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 13 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian (probably) sees the Christmas Special: 15 sleeps
Yesterday's Countdown Post: Day 11: The 12 Doctors of Christmas
Episodes Watched: ...none, instead we finished the last two episodes of Stranger Things.

Comments