Snapshots

I’m on the planning committee for Rally in the Valley, an interdenominational worship service for youth that meets the third Sunday of every month. We met together tonight to review what happened last year, discuss possible speakers, confirm venues, and outline the plans from now to May.

Somewhere in the mix we talked about the importance of having students share about their relationship with God and not just a traditional testimony. Normally when it is announced that "Joe" is going to give his testimony the predominate expectation is a "how I came to know Jesus" story. If the speaker doesn’t talk about his conversation he has failed. Danielle suggested we encourage students to give a snapshot of something specific God has done in their life and the brainstorming began.

I loved the ideas and even shared a few of my own that earned me a "creative assignment". For March’s rally I need to find students willing to share about a God moment somehow relating to James 3. I am not sure how I will find teens that don’t attend my youth group but I am sure it will all come together. I also hope to use/have/make powerpoint background of Polaroid pictures and a title something like: "My God Moment: a snapshot of my journey with Jesus" to go with the speaking. So that is a new spiritual/creative challenge I’ve been given. If you have any suggestion I’d love to hear them. Just leave a comment, thanks!

Comments